The Ronald McDonald House of Akron is a unique place that welcomes families that have a child being treated at Akron Children’s Hospital (ACH) or Akron General Medical Center Special Care Nursery (operated by ACH).
Here is what you can expect during your stay at our House:
- Private bedroom and bathroom with sleeping accommodations for up to 4 people.
- Rooms stocked with toiletries and freshly washed sheets and towels.
- Fully prepared hot meal made available to our guests starting at 5:30 pm daily.
- Shared living spaces for all our guests to enjoy including dining room, living room, large kitchen with three work spaces, basement rec room, quiet sitting areas and fenced outdoor space.
- Full service no-charge laundry facilities and supplies.
- Access to the kitchen and fully stocked pantry 24-hours per day.
- Resident refrigerator and pantry space to store personal food items.
- Transportation to and from the hospital provided by Hospital Security 24-hours per day.
- No-charge parking in the Bowery Street parking deck during your stay.
- Family Akron Zoo pass available on a first come, first served basis.
- Hand sewn baby quilt given to all new parents.
- Occasional Special Events such as: haircuts, prepared breakfast or lunch, event tickets, family craft/art projects.