Ronald McDonald House Akron is a unique place that allows families to focus on their sick child without worrying about their next meal or where they’ll lay their head. We serve families that have a patient admitted or being treated at Akron Children’s Hospital (ACH), Cleveland Clinic Akron General special care nursery (operated by ACH), or Summa Health System special care nursery (operated by ACH).
Here is what you can expect during your stay at our House:
- Private bedroom and bathroom with sleeping accommodations for up to 4 people.
- Rooms stocked with toiletries and freshly washed sheets and towels.
- Fully prepared hot meal made available to our guests starting at 5:30 pm daily.
- Shared living spaces for all our guests to enjoy including dining room, living room, family kitchen with four work spaces, child & teen areas, quiet library area and fenced outdoor backyard with playground.
- Full service no-charge laundry facilities and supplies.
- Access to the kitchen and fully stocked pantry 24-hours per day.
- Resident refrigerator and pantry space to store personal food items.
- Transportation to and from ACH provided by Hospital Security 24-hours per day.
- No-charge parking in the Bowery Street parking deck P1 during your stay.
- Free WiFi.
- Complimentary passes available to: Akron Zoo, Akron Children’s Museum or Kohl Family YMCA at University Park.
- Hand sewn baby quilt given to all new parents.
- Occasional Special Events such as: Akron RubberDucks tickets, haircuts, prepared breakfast or lunch, event tickets, family craft/art projects.
Request a room.