Pop Tab Partner Program
Did you know that you can help us turn pop tabs into cash? By simply saving your pop tabs (or any other aluminum pull tab) you can help us purchase items for our House. It is easy to get started and once you have collected a batch of tabs you can drop them off at our House.
How to become a ‘Pop Tab Partner’:
- Save your pop tabs.
- Convince your friends, neighbors, church, school or business to save tabs with you.
- Drop them off at our House (141 State St, Akron, 44302) any day of the week between 9am and 8pm. Make sure to call ahead and schedule a tour of the House!
- We collect them and give them to a local metal recycler (Metalico Annaco).
- They give us cash for each pound of tabs.
- The funds are used to purchase items for the House.
The money we collect goes towards the purchase of things that directly benefit our families during their stay. Items we purchase include, but are not limited to, coat hangers, electric tea kettles, silverware, serving utensils, and other household items to make our families’ stays more comfortable.
For an accessible version of this document, please contact Meri Skiera at MeriS@RMHAkron.org.
This program is great as a way for schools to get their students involved in a service project. There is no money required only a little bit of effort. It can also become a math or science project based around estimating, recycling, saving, or teamwork. Have a contest between classrooms or grades or make it a school wide project. If you would like a representative from the House to speak to your class please contact Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for the support and keep those tabs coming!