Did you know that you can help us turn pop tabs into cash? By simply saving your pop tabs (or any other aluminum pull tab) you can help us purchase items for our House. It is easy to get started and once you have collected a batch of tabs you can drop them off at our House.
How to become a 'Pop Tab Partner':
- Save your pop tabs.
- Convince your friends, neighbors, church, school or business to save tabs with you.
- Drop them off at our House (141 State St, Akron, 44302) any day of the week between 9am and 8pm. Make sure to call ahead and schedule a tour of the House!
- We collect them and give them to a local metal recycler (Metalico Annaco).
- They give us cash for each pound of tabs.
- The funds are used to purchase items for the House.
Our past purchases have included a House computer available to our families, BOSE Wave Radio, Hot Dog cooker, digital camera and two Christmas trees for the holidays. We are currently saving up to purchase some play equipment for our 'new' backyard.
Pop Tab Program Partner Info Sheet
For an accessible version of this document, please contact Meri Skiera at MeriS@RMHAkron.org
This program is great as a way for schools to get their students involved in a service project. There is no money required only a little bit of effort. It can also become a math or science project based around estimating, recycling, saving, or teamwork. Have a contest between classrooms or grades or make it a school wide project. If you would like a representative from the House to speak to your class please contact Jenny at email@example.com
Thanks for the support and keep those tabs coming!